Sexual Harassment Training in New York: It’s the Law!
Friday, August 17th, 2018
New York is sending a strong message to its employers about sexual harassment, and this includes churches and faith-based organizations. Some important changes to New York law starting in October affect YOU! Specifically, employers in New York are required to provide sexual harassment training to all employees annually. Employers must provide the training and a written anti-harassment policy to employees starting in October.
CongregationU offers online training designed to meet the requirements of these mandates. We offer two courses written specifically for churches and faith-based organizations, including real-world scenarios:
- Sexual Harassment Training for Supervisors and Managers in New York
- Sexual Harassment Training – Awareness for New York Employees
Each interactive course is just $12-$16 per user. Employees can train on their own time 24/7, and it’s easy for administrators to track the training and ensure all employees have been trained.
Contact us today at 866.862.5855 for more details, or Get Started now!
Are you up-to-date on harassment compliance?
Tuesday, January 10th, 2017
Harassment is not just illegal; it can create an uncomfortable, threatening, and unpleasant environment for all people within a workplace. Sexual harassment happens in all environments, including the church workplace. For a church, a public sexual harassment lawsuit can have far-reaching consequences: decreased morale, attendance, productivity, and work quality, and damaged reputations.
It’s a new year, and exactly the right time to think about doing everything possible to create a harassment-free church workplace.
CongregationU has three online, up-to-date sexual harassment courses for clergy, staff, and volunteers:
- Sexual Harassment Training – Harassment Awareness for Employees: This 25-minute course will help employees and volunteers have an awareness of sexual harassment and take action to stop it when they see it happening in the workplace.
- Sexual Harassment Training for Supervisors and Managers: This one-hour course will empower church clergy, supervisors, and managers to create a harassment-free work environment.
- Sexual Harassment Training for Supervisors in California (AB 1825/AB 2053): This two-hour course is designed to meet the requirements of both AB 1825 and AB 2053, which took effect in January 2015 and requires training on abusive conduct.
With CongregationU’s online training, you can track who has been trained for your church’s protection! Cover your bases now so you can get down to other important church business. Set up your account online or call CongregationU today at 866.862.5855 to begin training the clergy, staff, and volunteers in your church on sexual harassment and other important risk-management topics. Click here to see our course list.