26 Killed and 20 Wounded at Texas Church in Active Shooter Tragedy
Monday, November 6th, 2017
Yesterday morning, at least 26 people were killed and 20 wounded at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas. The shooter, Devin Kelly, was a 26-year-old former military man who had been discharged for bad conduct. As of this writing, there is no known motive.
At CongregationU, we mourn this tragedy as we do the other senseless mass shootings that have happened across the country.
The gunman in this situation started firing from outside the church and continued shooting inside. Could anything have prevented the casualties? Probably not. But part of our mission is to help churches and faith-based organizations be prepared for all types of situations–including tragedies.
Call us today to find out how we can help you set up online active shooter training. We are here to serve you at 866.862.5855!
Protecting and Securing Your Church
Monday, May 22nd, 2017
For most people, the church represents a place of solace, a family-friendly haven of safety. But similar to other facilities open to the public, a church’s safety can be compromised. Crimes against churches are increasingly prevalent. In case of a security emergency, is your church prepared?
CongregationU has two courses available to help clergy, staff, volunteers, and laity learn more about how to protect their church and the people within:
- Active Shooter Situations in Church Settings focuses on specific situations involving an armed intruder or intruders.
- Protecting and Securing Your Church tackles general security issues, such as vandalism, theft, arson, and other similar scenarios.
Churches can buy courses individually, or try a cost-effective bundle to get all courses in the training bundle for one low price. Take a look at our course list, which is constantly growing to serve the needs of churches of all shapes and sizes!
The protection of everyone in your church is a team effort. Make sure you have the right training and emergency plans in place!
An Active Shooter in Church
Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
Active shooter situations don’t happen every day. But they do happen—even in places of worship. It’s important that churches are prepared to handle any security emergency.
CongregationU has just added a new course, “Active Shooter Situations in Church Settings,” available for everyone in your congregation. This 45-minute online course:
- Is based on the Run-Hide-Fight protocol of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and other government agencies
- Is written for anyone in your church who wants to have a better awareness of security
- Outlines specific plans churches can establish to act responsibly and keep everyone as safe as possible
- Was reviewed by a law-enforcement officer and trainer with 15+ years of experience in handling sniper and active shooter scenarios
To learn more about this course or any of our other courses, check out the course list.