Stress is a common problem that everyone faces to some extent or another. Stress can arise just about anywhere in our lives, including work situations, family life, finances, and even in church settings. The most effective way to cope with stress is to come to terms with the fact that life will never be entirely stress-free. This 35-minute course will walk you through stress management, including how to recognize stress symptoms when they appear and develop tools to cope with stress more effectively.
- Define stress and know more about its physiological effects
- Learn about different types of stress
- Recognize how stress can affect your health
- Develop healthy strategies to help relieve the effects of stress in your life
Key Topics Include:
- What is Stress?
- Types of Stress
- Common Physiological Reactions to Stress
- Sources of Stress
- Taking Ownership
- The Impact of Stress on Your Health
- How Do You Currently Cope with Stress?
- Unhealthy Coping Mechanisms
- What is Stress Management?
- Stress Management Strategies: An Attitude of Stress Management, Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
- Stress Management Strategies: The Four A’s of Coping with Stress
- The Four A’s: Avoiding Unnecessary Stress, Altering the Situation, Adapting to the Situation, Accepting Things You Cannot Change
- Stress Management Strategies: Physical Activity; Yoga, Deep Breathing, Meditation, and Guided Visualization; Tension-Releasing Stretches; Your Indulgence Toolbox; Social Engagement; Calling in the Pros
- Sensitivity to Stress in a Church Environment
- Stress Management for Clergy and Church Staff
RETURN TO THE COURSE LIST