Most people think of bullying as something that only children and teenagers experience. But many school bullies grow up to be adult bullies, and they bring this behavior to the workplace. This 30-minute course talks about dealing with a bully in a church work environment, and how to handle it as a clergy member, staff member, or volunteer.
- Define bullying behavior
- Identify and know more about typical bullies, and why they engage in bullying behavior
- Recognize what bullying looks like in a church setting
- Know how to proactively respond to bullying behavior
Key Topics Include:
- What is Bullying?
- Types of Bullying: Verbal, Psychological, Cyberbullying, Physical, Sexual, Prejudicial
- Other Types of Bullying
- Recognizing Bullying
- Who are the Bullies?
- How Do Church Bullies Operate?
- Who are the Victims?
- The Bystander
- Why Does Bullying Slide By?
- Why Should Churches Care About Bullying?
- Effects of Bullying
- An Action Plan Against Bullying
- Moving On
- Supporting Your Bullied Coworkers or Volunteers
- From a Leadership Perspective
- Congregation vs. Clergy
- Are You A Bully?
RETURN TO THE COURSE LIST